Often, at least 20% of your building’s energy costs are being wasted from poor efficiency. Finding those savings is the equivalent of getting two years’ free energy over the next decade.
What is Energy Performance Contracting?
Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) offers an ideal solution for building owners who want to strike a balance between achieving environmental targets and limiting capital expenditure.
EPC uses wasted energy to fund the risk-free reduction of energy costs and carbon emissions.
Under an EPC, Honeywell energy specialists survey your facility to assess the opportunity for potential energy savings.
We then offer to implement a programme of energy conservation measures (ECMs) and practical engineered improvements that are guaranteed to pay for their capital cost over a payback period of five years or more.
We can provide the upfront capital as well.
If there are no savings, then you pay nothing.
If we don’t deliver the required savings, we pay the shortfall.
If we exceed the savings target then the extra goes entirely to you.
At the end of the contract period the full benefits of the cost savings revert to you.
Why is it different to a normal retrofit programme?
Unlike traditional contracting which is invariably price-driven, EPC is results-driven. This means you are buying guaranteed energy savings that are ongoing.
Will it work for me?
Unless your building is new and built to modern standards, it is highly likely it will have areas of poor energy use. It is this wasted energy that can be used to fund the EPC. Energy prices will affect payback periods but usually, you will be looking for payback periods over five years.
What are the benefits?
- Self-funding means all gain and no financial pain
- Guaranteed energy savings
- Improved equipment efficiency and uptime
- Reduced carbon emissions
- Improved comfort conditions for staff and visitors
- Compliance with relevant energy and Health & Safety legislation
- Savings continue long after the contract ends
- Creates jobs for local trades people
Honeywell will take you through all three stages of the EPC process by:
- Performing a free preliminary study of your building/s to evaluate the potential energy savings.
- Financing and implementing a programme of energy conservation measures.
- Verifying the savings over the contract term.
How do I finance an EPC?
Honeywell can help you to understand which financing option is best suited to your organisation. Options include:
- Accessing finance from Honeywell and integrating it into the EPC
- Taking advantage of government funding
- Raising the capital from internal budgets or normal sources of commercial finance
- Or a combination of the above
Who else is using EPC?
As a pioneer of performance-based guarantees, Honeywell has completed over £100 million worth of projects successfully for our customers across Europe including:
- Transport for London (UK)
- Aneurin Bevan Health Board (UK)
- Franziskus Krankenhaus Linz, (Germany)
- Erasmus University (Netherlands)
- EHSAL School (Belgium)
- Ford (Belgium, Spain & UK)
- The Atrium Hospital, Heerlen (Netherlands)
- City of Malmö (Sweden)
- Teatro Madrid (Spain)
- Sint Vincentius Hospital, Antwerpen (Belgium)
- Ifö Sanitec (Sweden)
- US Army, 5 sites in Frankfurt Area (Germany)
- Käthe Kollwitz School, Langenselbold (Germany)
- Landshut Clinic (Germany)
- St Elisabeth Hospital (Germany)
- Lievensberg Hospital (Netherlands)
If you would like to know more about Energy Performance Contracting and how Honeywell can help your organisation, please click here to contact us.